Dalmatian/Cruella coat.

Cruellalove

My wife and I are really into Cruella roleplay and would like to find a coat that looks like Dalmatian print. I don’t love faux, but for this I’d be okay with it. I’ve also looked at doing rex rabbit dyed to look like it. Any thoughts? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruellalove said:

My wife and I are really into Cruella roleplay and would like to find a coat that looks like Dalmatian print. I don’t love faux, but for this I’d be okay with it. I’ve also looked at doing rex rabbit dyed to look like it. Any thoughts? 

Maybe you should get some Dalmatians as pets to start 😉😈

Now I imagine if it were completely made of fur, fluffy and big, my head explodes when I imagine that beautiful fur. 😍

• Budget Pick: something in faux like this one from Monterey Fashion. I used to have a similar one, and if this listing is anything like it, I do feel it works as a stand-in for Cruella's coveted coat.
  • Higher-Priced Options: lynx fur in general, perhaps? It helps that lynx is already pricey to begin with — I think that goes quite well with Cruella's image.
  • Slightly Weird Pick: this production from FoxFurDreams. As a volume freak, I love this one, but I really can't shake the impression that it's just...deviant cow print.

Veering off-topic — as a serious volume freak, I feel that Cruella's ultimate quest shouldn't come already fulfilled in your roleplay. Somebody else on this forum said this (and I'm stealing their idea), but Dalmatian pelts really aren't all that thick — at the very best you could probably hope for something like a spotted chinchilla look. Her time would be better spent getting after foxes.

...which is why I've always felt Cruella's look should be defined by sheer punishing volume (i.e. foxes and raccoons), and her Sisyphean goal should forever be to get those puppies.

Rex rabbit would be a more cost-conscious option. It would be hard to find something like it used - so you'd have to commission something custom. Check out Etsy or some of the furriers on IG. If you want fluffiness, you could make the collar and trim (and maybe even the hem, if you want spend a bit more) out of white or arctic fox. That way, the main 'touch points' are thick and fluffy while you still retain the dramatic spotted look in the rest of the coat. 

I don't actually get the 101 dalmatian films. Or shall I say cuella,s love for the dalmatian fur. Needs to be soft and that wouldn't be. I get that spots side of it but other than that not for me

• Like 1

On 7/27/2024 at 2:28 PM, blakeymikey said:

I don't actually get the 101 dalmatian films. Or shall I say cuella,s love for the dalmatian fur. Needs to be soft and that wouldn't be. I get that spots side of it but other than that not for me

I guess it is more about the exotic, rare and unmoral type of fur. The white tiger is also not softer than regular tiger. And maybe puppy fur is softer than the fur of adult Dalmatians. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2024 at 11:05 AM, hawk_560 said:

I guess it is more about the exotic, rare and unmoral type of fur. The white tiger is also not softer than regular tiger. And maybe puppy fur is softer than the fur of adult Dalmatians. 

For an exotic, rare, and immoral fur, I would go for something like an Akita, Malamute, Samoyed, white shepherd, Great Pyrenees, Newfoundland or Bernese mountain dog just for the sheer luxury and softness of the pelage as well as the complete lack of morals in not only owning it but fucking the hell out of it.

• Like 4

On 7/28/2024 at 8:05 PM, hawk_560 said:

This is immoral and I love it. Personally I follow the skin of black panther or snow panther. If I want more of cruelty and immoral pleasure, I follow immediately the fur of siberian husky, adult or puppy I don't have problem for see them become the sacrifice !!! 

I see husky alive just like a coat who lose precious time sure the body of this animals.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, kev86 said:

This is immoral and I love it. Personally I follow the skin of black panther or snow panther. If I want more of cruelty and immoral pleasure, I follow immediately the fur of siberian husky, adult or puppy I don't have problem for see them become the sacrifice !!! 

I see husky alive just like a coat who lose precious time sure the body of this animals.

The most immoral thing would be if the dog is a beloved pet. Your own or from your gf/bf and you consider that your love for fur is more important than your love for the dog. That would make it a very special pelt.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hawk_560 said:

The most immoral thing would be if the dog is a beloved pet. Your own or from your gf/bf and you consider that your love for fur is more important than your love for the dog. That would make it a very special pelt.

Oh yeah totally agree, cruel and immoral but I don't imagine my fur collection less had the pleasure of see dog fur join my collection. I want just husky, saint-Bernard, so soft of use them for a better reason.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, kev86 said:

Oh yeah totally agree, cruel and immoral but I don't imagine my fur collection less had the pleasure of see dog fur join my collection. I want just husky, saint-Bernard, so soft of use them for a better reason.

Cruel and thought of as being immoral today, but not always.

Back in the 1950's stray domestic cats could easily end up becoming someone's fur coat, hat, etc. I bought a couple of cat pelts for sensual or erotic pleasure when I was around 10YO in the 1950's. I also owned a leather horse hide coat. Very recently it was discovered that jackets being sold in stores in the USA that came from China: the oversize fur ruffs on the hoods of these jackets were made from stray domestic dog pelts.

Supposedly the oldest dog breed known to be used by man is the Norwegian elk hound. They were ranch raised by the Vikings. Because they are small dogs and require little food. They were often taken on voyages and slaughtered as needed for food and fur. Their fur is incredibly deep, rich, thick and extremely heavy coat of fur. Vikings made clothing and bedding out of their fur.     

• Like 4

Surely now all is immoral but cat pelts and dog pelts are not immoral for me. We talk of animals who have a skin. Dog are domestic but with wolf blood, any problem for wear dog skin. 

Cat pelts are beautiful and elegant for the fur during 1950 or 1960, in Swiss we use cat for medical treatment and surely we enjoy wear it. 

I'm totally agree, i purchase a jacket made with pony skin or horse skin. This is so beautiful.

Edited by kev86
  • Like 3